The Montessori Classroom provides the child with an environment that is optimal for development and growth. When the child regularly receives lessons that are uniquely designed to meet his or her developmental stage, the learning that takes place shapes that child’s personality and guides him in his journey of “self-construction.”
Montessori Believes In:
- Mixed aged classrooms
- Linking physical exploration and cognitive development
- 3 hour uninterrupted work cycles
- Children learning through small group presentations and individual presentations with the teacher.
- Children advancing at different paces, therefore we believe each child should be challenged at their own specific pace.
Why Discovery Montessori Academy Is Different:
- Strict adherence to the AMI Montessori Method
- All of our teachers are Montessori certified (including AMI certifications at the Toddler, Primary, and Elementary level)
- All of our teachers have a Bachelors Degree
- Open year round!
- Early Care from 7am
- Aftercare until 6pm
The Montessori Philosophy is a “brain-based approach to education which provides an unparalleled foundation for the development of academic, social, and executive functions critical for advanced problem solving and lifetime success.”
Dr. Steven Hughes,
Director of Education and Research
The Tova Company, Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology Univ. of Minnesota
How the Montessori philosophy compares to traditional education: